Whether you had fun with it or not, earning an online exercise science degree is no joke. The world needs educated people like you, so get out there and put your expertise to good use. Not sure what career path to pursue? No problem; just keep reading.
What is an online exercise science degree?
This educational discipline involves everything from anatomy to biochemistry. And because it combines so many different components, graduates often study human movement and body changes in real-time. The applications for that knowledge are extremely diverse, too.
An online exercise science degree is not classified as a “professional” certification, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s known as a “stepping stone” degree, which means you can use it to further your education or step right out into the workforce with it.
NOTE: Full-time jobs for Exercise Scientists can be sort of hard to find, so that means you’ll probably need a headstart.
What to think about as a recent graduate
5 jobs you can get with an online exercise science degree
Some careers may require graduates to complete certification classes or further their education in some way. However, many allow degree earners to jump right into the mix. As such, these are the top 5 career choices for people who have recently completed their education:
- Massage therapy – work out the kinks in major muscle groups for in-house patients or through your private practice.
- Kinesiology – study the way the human body moves to help develop better products and therapies.
- Athletic directory – coordinate and maintain the needs of athletic teams using community resources.
- Athletic training (ATC) – Support athletes before, during, and after games to maintain optimal functionality.
- Physical education – Teach students the value of good physical and mental health through hands-on training.
In most cases, an ESD is considered a prerequisite for enrollment into graduate-level programs. So, be sure to talk to your admissions counselor for more information on the types of classes you need to take. The point here is that online degrees are just as valid as those earned on campus if you play your cards right.
The final flex
You may not get rich with an online exercise science degree but at least you might land a rewarding career. Remember, it all depends on when and how you approach the market for a job. And don’t be afraid to beef up your education with some extra coursework because that’s when the fun really begins.