Getting a college education is a pretty big deal. Meanwhile, the world is becoming more dependent on technology than ever before. So, graduate as soon as possible and then try to find the highest-paying jobs you can get with a computer science degree. Here’s where to start.
The 3 highest-paid jobs you can get with a computer science degree
You can make a lot of money with this degree. Plus, you can work at a job that you truly love if you choose the right one. So, here are a few career suggestions to help you get the best of both worlds.
- Software Developer – You can make around $71,000 a year to plan and manage computer software development.
- Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) – You earn about $116,000 annually just by improving website functionality.
- Cyber Security Agent – You’ll bring home nearly $96,000 a year by helping to protect people and businesses online.
You can also become a full-stack software developer if you want to make over $90,000 annually. However, some jobs might require additional training so be prepared. Also, keep in mind that these numbers are for people who are just starting out. Mid-career salaries are usually much higher.
The 3 lowest-paid jobs you can get with a computer science degree
Low-paying computer science jobs aren’t even that bad. In fact, one of the lowest-paying gigs still offers over $50,000 a year. That’s nearly $10,000 more than the average school teacher and almost $20,000 more than most high school grads. So, here are some entry-level positions to consider:
- Computer User Support Specialist – You’ll make about $48,500 a year to diagnose and troubleshoot computer problems.
- Quality Assurance Engineer – Your salary will hover around $69,000 annually when you maintain the industry standards.
- Systems Analyst – You get about $67,000 each year to research and evaluate new technologies.
On top of that, there are countless minor positions for students trying to balance work, school, and life. Plus, there are also internships available to those who qualify. Use an updated Internship Directory for more information on where to apply.
How your schooling affects your salary
The college you attend will affect the jobs you can get. That, in turn, can affect how much money you make. So, go to the best schools and work hard to get good grades. After all, your future career depends on it.
Meanwhile, look at these three top-rated universities for a helpful head start on your computer science degree:
This place boasts a 78% graduation rate and has one of the most affordable tuitions in the country.
You stand a 75% chance of graduating from here while also enjoying Big 12 athletic conferences and selected online classes.
The graduation rate is a blistering 94% here thanks to the diverse student body and the wide variety of majors to explore.
Make more money at the jobs you can get with a computer science degree
Earn a higher paycheck by continuing your studies after graduation. That means going back to school for most people. But, it can also mean joining research groups or launching your own business.