The thought of earning a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree might make some people fall asleep, but not you. You get excited about it, and that’s why this is the perfect major. But did you know that there are additional reasons to consider? You’re supposed to be better at math than that.
What is a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree?
This degree is sometimes called an Accountancy Bachelor credential. Whatever you call it, the degree certifies that at least four years of college have been successfully completed. It also says you’re ready for a high-paying job in the financial sector. The good news is that you can now earn your degree online.
FUN FACT: Private accountants can make a lot more because they’re able to negotiate their own contracts.
How much money do graduates make?
It’s difficult to say how much money you’ll make as a recent college grad. The figures go up or down depending on many things. In fact, your annual income with an Accountancy degree is directly tied to the following 10 things:
- Where you went to school
- How well you performed on tests
- Your experience in the field
- Work and/or personal references
- Your willingness to take on challenges
- The businesses you apply to work for
- What type of work you’ll be doing
- Your country of employment
- How you perform on assigned tasks
- The demand in your area
Many times, degree holders assume that they’ll start earning big bucks as soon as they graduate. Then, they lose interest in their careers when they don’t get massive paychecks. That’s why it’s important to have several reasons for earning this degree. Ironically, you don’t want to make it all about the numbers.
Why get a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree (besides money)?
There are many reasons to further your education and making good money certainly helps. But what happens when you’re faced with challenges that cash can’t fix? That’s an issue that many unemployed or underemployed CPAs currently face.
- You gain a better understanding of finances. Then with it, you can help yourself, your loved ones, and your community.
- Your career is always in demand. Think about it: we can’t all be college-educated to do math all day, so we have to hire someone eventually.
- There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. That means you won’t have to stay in the same dead-end job forever.
- Graduates become experts at tax and business law because they must work around industry regulations to create airtight budgets.
- You’re ready to start your own business. And chances are, it will be successful thanks to your solid education.
See? You can enjoy a high-paying career and still feel accomplished at the end of the day. So don’t let people tell you that becoming an accounting is boring. As a matter of fact, you tell them that you’ve done the math and you agree with us. We say it’s one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and it’s essential to our society too.
Carefully consider the pros and cons of getting a Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree because it’s definitely not for everybody.